Resolute says strike at Mali mine won’t impact guidance

Stoppages at Syama during the third quarter delayed the production of a further 15,000 ounces of gold during the period, the company said in September. That is when workers staged a 10-day strike before signing an agreement with the company.

Syama’s union leader said the strike centred on Resolute’s decision to put some workers on furlough and others on unpaid leave during the pandemic.

Resolute owns 80% of Syama and the Malian government holds the remaining 20%.

Mali is one of Africa’s largest gold producers. Companies operating in the country include Barrick Gold (TSX: ABX) (NYSE: GOLD) and AngloGold Ashanti (NYSE: AU) (JSE: ANG), which are in the process of selling their 80% stake in the Morila mine. 

View Article Origin Here

Related Articles

Back to top button